The Kerala Story is a 2023 Indian Malayalam-language movie coordinated by Saji Surendran and created by Suresh Kumar under the standard of Suresh Kumar Films.
The film stars Manju Warrier, Anoop Menon, and Tovino Thomas. The film is about Hindu ladies being fooled into joining ISIS.
The film has been met with debate, with certain individuals blaming it for being promulgation and others saying that it depends on a genuine story.
The producers have said that they are just attempting to reveal a secret truth, yet others have said that the film is misrepresented and disruptive.
The debate encompassing the film has prompted fights and requires a prohibition on the film.
The Kerala High Court wouldn’t boycott the film, however, it has requested that the producers roll out certain improvements to the film.
Hyderabad: After The Kashmir Records, the much-examined film during these days is ‘The Kerala Story’.
The film is being seen from different crystals, though some are requesting a boycott, and some requesting advance it at the container India level.
Arguments in favor of the movie Kerala Story
- The movie exposed the dangers of extreme fanaticism and the susceptibility of young women to radicalization.
- The movie serves as a warning about the dangers of internet entertainment and how easily people may be manipulated online.
- The movie is a masterfully crafted, emotionally charged spine-chiller that is certain to keep audiences riveted.
Arguments against the movie Kerala Story
- The movie is based on the false premise that many Hindu women are being duped into joining ISIS.
- The movie mocks Muslims and is anti-Islamic.
- The movie is upsetting and can make existing tensions worse.
5 Reasons that Majorly Count for Kerala Story Controversy
Three teenage girls from various districts of Kerala who convert to Islam and join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria are the subject of the book “The Kerala Story.”
- A number of Keralan politicians and Muslim leaders have said that the movie will upset religious unity, demonize Muslims, promote Islamophobia, and maybe belittle the southern state.
- The movie caused a stir when it originally said that 32,000 women in Kerala were coerced into joining ISIS and converting to Islam. Later, the film’s creators modified the description of the film on YouTube to read, “It is a story of three women.”
- The film depicts a great deal of violence, including beheading, hand-cutting, and rape culture, as well as the anguish caused to innocent women.
- Residents of Kerala have also voiced opposition to the film and have launched many social media campaigns touting religious peace in the region.
- Kerala is one such Indian state where many expatriates, both Muslims, and non-Muslims, live and work in the Gulf States in peace and cooperation. The film is quite depressing and doesn’t demonstrate any close relationships.
Kerala Story, Overview
Shalini Unnikrishnan, a woman who converted to Islam, describes how she tried to pursue a career as a nurse but was persuaded by radical Muslims at her college who pretended to be her friends.
After being tricked into joining ISIS, she was imprisoned in Afghanistan.
- Adah Sharma as Shalini Unnikrishnan / Fatima Ba
- Yogita Bihani as Nimah
- Sonia Balani as Asifa
- Siddhi Idnani as Geetanjali
- Devadarshini as Shalini’s mother
- Vijay Krishna as Ishak
- Pranay Pachauri as Rameez
- Pranav Misshra as Abdul
- Pranali Ghogare as Shaziya
Source – Wikipedia
|Suryapal SinghSudipto SenVipul Amrutlal Shah
|Vipul Amrutlal Shah
|Adah SharmaYogita BihaniSonia BalaniSiddhi Idnani
|Viresh SreevalsaBishakh Jyoti
|5 May 2023
|est. ₹15–20 crore (US$1.8–2.4 million)
|est. ₹303.68 crore (US$38 million)
Production of Kerala Story
Vipul Amrutlal Shah, who is also the film’s creative director, produced the movie. On May 5, 2023, it was presented in theatres.
ZEE5 invested in the movie’s digital streaming rights. The movie underwent a CBFC review before to its domestic distribution and was given an adults-only certification after many requested adjustments.
Release Date – 5 May 2023
Budget – 15–20 crore (US$1.8–2.4 million)
Kerla Story Trailer
On Twitter The Kerala Story
Reviews of Kerala Story
Source of contents - Google(own research data) and wikipidea. All the data and updates are 100% acurate and original till this date.
Thanks a lot for reading – Keep reading and give us your valuable feedback if any.